December 08, 2012

KN does Thailand!

I know what you're thinking.. Thailand?! WHAT?! Haha, don't worry. That was my reaction as well. When I found out that my dad would be on a business trip in Thailand for his birthday, I felt super sad that he would be alone for his birthday. So I made a little plan to go visit him in Bangkok for his birthday week :) and that was that!
I've been to Bangkok, Thailand before with my family around 5 years ago so I did not remember much. Going to Thailand this time would be an entirely different experience because now I'm older and I'm also traveling alone!! But I'll get into more of the details in my posts :)
As per usual, here are the highlights of my trip:
November 26, 2012 - December 3, 2012
I'm going to start something new (Brianne, this is all you). I'm going to write down the Peak and Pit for each day of my Thailand trip, as a little summary for each post!
For the entire trip:
Peak: Flying in an airplane by myself for the first time! -- I think I was very successful considering this was my first trip completely alone. I took the airplane there and back by myself, and traveled around the city by myself while my dad was at work. I'm super proud of myself for being able to handle everything :P I'm finally growing up! (lol jk)
Pit: Eating alone for the first time at a restaurant. -- Since I had to find my own activities to do while my dad was at work during the day, I would obviously have to eat by myself. The first time I ate by myself was SO sad. But closer to the end of my trip, I kind of got used to it and ended up liking it a little.. :$ anti-social much?! Hehe

So to be honest, all I did there was eat, shop, and eat. A lot of people asked me why I didn't do more "Thai-like" things, but if you ever go to Thailand, you will realize that shopping and eating IS the most Thai-like thing there is to do there. Everyone is either eating or in a shopping centre or a street market (or in a temple), no lies! :P

Come back tomorrow for my daily posts of my 7 days in Bangkok, Thailand! XO
- - -
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...